Reuters is looking for an energetic and scoop-hungry journalist to join our technology team in China, where s/he will help strengthen our coverage of one of the world’s most exciting industries, based in either Beijing or Shanghai.
The successful candidate will be a proven source-builder with strong news instincts, a knack for storytelling and an eagerness to build expertise. China’s technology industry, its consumer internet giants and how they navigate slowing economic growth and a changing regulatory environment is one of the most competitive and high-profile stories in global business, with the trials and tribulations of companies such as Alibaba and ByteDance closely watched for what they tell us about China’s business landscape and the country’s relationship with the United States and the wider world.
This is a great opportunity for a resourceful and creative journalist to tell impactful stories on China, from corporate, regulatory and societal angles, for a global audience hungry to know more about what are among the world’s most valuable and innovative companies.
As China Technology Correspondent, you will:
- Build sources among technology companies and regulators to break news on their initiatives and the industry
- Track key companies that are reshaping the China’s technology industry and get behind the scenes to identify trends and deliver deeply reported stories
- Write fast and accurate headlines and stories under time pressure
- Work closely with colleagues in China as well as the global technology team
To be China Technology Correspondent, you will:
- Have great ideas and demonstrated ability to develop sources and deliver outstanding stories
- Have strong news judgement
- Have fluent Mandarin and English
- Be a strong communicator and team player
- Have experience developing beat expertise
To apply, go here.