Reuters seeks a breaking news equities reporter in London
Reuters is looking for an equities reporter to join its finance and markets breaking news team in Europe. The breaking news team is at the heart of Reuters’ broader finance and markets group, delivering many of our most read stories and reports.
This role would involve being a stock market specialist – looking at what’s driving markets on any given day, jumping on unexpected stock moves and unearthing new trends. The successful candidate will be someone who has, or can build, a large network of market sources spanning traders, analysts and investors as well as being adept at reading charts and designing graphics.
You will help produce a daily news file that tells a sophisticated audience what’s happening in the markets from firing out snaps to writing quick-hit explanatory pieces, smart blog entries for our Live Markets service and stories on the latest meme stock to capture retail investors’ attention. You will be part of a team that produces real-time coverage across asset classes, and will sometimes be expected to help report what’s happening in some other market areas.
To be successful, you must have strong writing and reporting skills, thrive in a breaking news environment and geek out on processes and market dynamics.
The role will report to the EMEA breaking news editor for the finance and markets team.
As a Breaking News Equities Reporter, you will:
- Deliver breaking news at speed and provide insights into what’s driving individual stocks and markets
- Speak to a wide network of traders, analysts and investors
- Write insightful market reports that give readers a real insight into what’s driving prices
- Spot new and unusual market trends
To be our Breaking News Equities Reporter, you will likely have:
- A deep understanding of financial markets, ideally across asset classes
- A strong work ethic, team spirit and excellent organization skills
- Excellent writing and source building skills
- Understanding of Reuters systems and processes and ideas to improve them
Please note, the deadline for applications is 30th September 2021.
To apply, go here.