Reuters looking for company news reporter in Mexico
Reuters is looking for a driven self-starter to join the Mexico bureau’s Spanish-language team, covering company news – from the telecoms to banking empire of tycoon Carlos Slim to industry and banking as Mexico’s government seeks to shake up regulations and jump-start a teetering economy.
The successful candidate will work in a team with Spanish and English language colleagues, building key contacts across the corporate landscape and digging deep to deliver exclusive, insightful stories that set the agenda.
– Writes or packages stories with accuracy and speed and in accordance with our principles and operating standards.
– Gathers information to break news, write or package stories.
– Builds and maintains a set of contacts to break news or to present news in the appropriate form for clients.
– Builds expertise and knowledge to broaden and deepen coverage.
– Embraces the principle of telling stories using the most appropriate media available.
– Understands the news needs of our business and interacts with clients and business stakeholders.
– May be an expert in a particular sector.
– May lead or coach a small team or a team across a region and seeks to get the best of members through empowerment, coaching, mentoring and training.
– May run a network of stringers.
To apply, go here.