Reuters Breakingviews seeks associate editor
Reuters Breakingviews is looking for a talented, original thinker with excellent organizational skills to join our team, editing and writing columns on U.S. companies, economics and financial markets.
We’re looking for an experienced editor with good ideas, a collegial approach, a high level of numeracy and a desire to be the best at what they do. A proven ability to coach writers to produce impactful columns is highly desirable; a love of tight deadlines is essential.
Our editors also do exactly what they ask of columnists: write sharp, punchy opinion pieces that appeal to a high-level global audience. We now have more than 30 columnists worldwide, each of whom enjoys an enviable network of contacts and an eye for an agenda-setting view. Editors also play a critical role in helping us to uphold the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles by which we operate, and the Breakingviews style guide that keeps our writing clear, accessible, consistent and accurate.
- Top-notch organizational and communication skills
- An ability to bring out and develop columnists’ best ideas
- Clarity and conciseness, both in writing and editing
- Knowledge of corporate finance and financial reporting
- Experience of editing financial writing
- Experience writing and editing financial commentary
- High-level contacts and a knack for making new ones
- A proven desire to build a profile among relevant audiences
- Video, TV, podcast and event-moderating experience
This job will be based in New York.
To apply, go here.