Reuters Breakingviews seeks a researcher
This is a challenging position for an aspiring journalist that involves providing across-the-board support for a team of senior columnists and editors based in New York, Washington and Dallas. We’re looking for exceptional organizational skills, an ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and a the potential to advance as a writer at Reuters.
The position is offered as a one-year role, and will report to John Foley, U.S. Editor, in New York.
The role will involve:
- Gathering information from internal and external sources to assist on stories
- Drafting regular news briefings for the bureau to help generate discussion topics and ideas
- Preparing dossiers for editors ahead of meetings, and booking guests for Breakingviews podcasts
- Building a solid understanding of corporate finance, markets and companies
- Working towards becoming a bylined financial opinion columnist
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Proven organizational skills and an ability to multi-task
- An interest in pursuing a career in financial journalism
- Strong awareness of the best practices in social media
- Effective writing skills
- An inquisitive, problem-solving mind and an eye for detail
To apply, go here.