Respect My Region is looking for a copy editor
Respect My Region is looking for a cannabis industry copy editor.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Respect My Region is a Lifestyle Brand, Music & Cannabis Media, Tech and Marketing Platform.
Our team of entrepreneurs specializes in creating unique content and supporting “local” brands, businesses, and artists.
Respect My Region began in 2011 at Central Washington University and has built a community filled with millions of cannabis users, music lovers, and creators. The Respect My Region digital ecosystem showcases “local” culture to the world, connecting people to new things through educational media, custom content campaigns, and sharing music.
We currently run a cannabis and music online publication as well as multiple client websites and blogs.
We’re looking for a qualified part-time contract editor to:
- Edit writer submitted content according to SOP
- Give feedback to writers when necessary
- Rough knowledge of cannabis regulations and ethics (not encouraging consumption, no definitive effects, etc)
- Maintain deadlines and regular posting cadence
- Follow Yoast SEO guidelines for headers, tags, images, and metadata
- Manage tasks in Asana across multiple clients and blogs
- Estimated workload: 30-60 blogs per month (scheduled consistently across a weekly basis)
– Cannabis Industry experience (content creation, dispensary/budtender, knowledge of brands, products, and/or regulations)
– Live/Previously in Washington or California (or experience/understanding of cannabis brands/products in these areas)
– High school or College Degree (in progress) is preferred but we’re all about people trying to prove themselves or learn new skills. We teach, we train, and we help most people who communicate current/future goals for growth and can provide real team inspiration and value.
- Copy editing: 2 years (Required)
- Cannabis Industry: 1 year (Required)
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- Write a short introduction about yourself
- Include a paragraph highlighting your writing experience, relevant credentials and publication credits
- Attach links to your strongest work or portfolio, and online profile.
- $20.00 – $30.00 per hour. Pay is dependent on experience and content assignments
For more information, visit their website.