RedVentures is looking for writers
As a freelance writer with the Business & Technology team at RedVentures | Education, you’ll craft original content for our portfolio of subject-specific education sites. We cover higher education topics including degree specifics, top degrees, career decisions, and college guides within the business and computer science fields. Our writers work closely with our editors on concision, grammar, voice, and readability for a wide range of audiences.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures spans 5 continents and employs more than 4,500 people. We’re made up of dozens of nimble business teams focused on raising the bar, giving back, and challenging what’s possible.
Over the last twenty years, RV has grown its portfolio of trusted brands and businesses to help millions of people make life’s most important decisions. We simplify online experiences through premium content, consumer marketplaces and advice, strategic partnerships, AI-driven digital marketing, and world class intelligence/analytics.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Freelance writers with experience or expertise writing about the following categories are highly encouraged to apply: computer science and technology, accounting, business, college planning and admissions, and social justice. We also encourage writers from academic backgrounds to apply. Here are some examples of the content we produce:
- How to Pay for Coding Bootcamps
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Marketing Manager Career Overview
A good fit would be someone who has worked at the university level (as an educator or administrator) and/or has significant (3+ years) practical experience in their field. Empathy for the educational path of nontraditional and international students valued; excellent writing skills and attention to detail required. Experience teaching or studying online is preferred.
- Write articles according to an in-house style guide (based on AP style)
- Adhere to in-house guidelines for branding, tone, and voice
- Adhere to sourcing and fact-checking guidelines
- Format articles based on guidelines and best practices
- Respond to and build upon feedback from copy editors
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, English, related social sciences or humanities field, or relevant subjects (accounting, business, computer science)
- Solid understanding of AP style
- Commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Astute sense of appropriate style, voice, tone, and content flow
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills
- Strong grasp of fact-checking and sourcing standards
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative attitude
- Ability to work within a one-week turnaround time
- Versatility with the ability to effectively pivot between subject areas
- At least two years of relevant professional experience as a freelance writer preferred
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- Two (2) writing samples and/or a link to your writing portfolio*
- Your resume
- A cover letter
- Writing samples or portfolio links may be included with your resume OR cover letter
- $90 a day- 500 words
For more information, visit their website.