Recode is looking for a staff reporter to cover the future of work from our office in New York or San Francisco.
Your job will be to focus on how technology is changing the way business happens, including the future of work and the future of the workplace. How do successful companies function? What tools do they rely on? (And what’s the business of those tools?) How can our audience do their jobs better? How are the rules of work changing?
A good candidate will have some experience as a journalist — preferably including digital technology or financial journalism — personal interest in one or more of these topics, and insatiable curiosity about the future.
- Some experience in journalism.
- The ability to deliver clean, accurate copy on deadline.
- An interest in obsessively covering the future of work.
- Attention to detail in writing.
- The ability to work mostly independently, with support and input from editors and colleagues.
- A creative, collaborative spirit, comfort trying new ideas, knowing some won’t work.
- The ability to work from our New York or San Francisco office most days.
- Some evening and weekend work.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, samples of your work, and a link to an online presence — blog, podcast, Twitter stream, etc. — that you’re proud of.
To apply, go here.