Realtor is looking for writers
Realtor is looking for writers that can contribute pieces to both their editorial and advice departments.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Realtor.com is operated by News Corp, which also owns The Wall Street Journal, MarketWatch, and New York Post. Our audience is everyday home buyers, sellers, and owners, and not industry insiders.
ABOUT THE ROLES
1) The news team at Realtor.com is looking for trained journalists with experience who can report and write stories on data-heavy, housing reports released the same day; take on larger stories about trends in the housing market; and can look at how new policies can affect home buyers and sellers. We’re also looking for freelancers interested in writing about fair housing and discrimination issues.
WE’RE SEEKING WRITERS WHO:
- Have experience with fast turnaround times
- Are comfortable interviewing and quoting industry experts
- Are comfortable working with data and reading spreadsheets
- Can produce engaging, jargon-free stories for our readers
2) The advice team at Realtor.com is looking for trained writers with experience in covering consumer real estate advice topics such as buying, selling, renting, moving, and home improvement/design.
Previous experience covering real estate/home trends is not necessary but is preferred.
We’re seeking writers who:
- Can pitch original ideas that will resonate with consumers around the buying/selling/homeownership journey
- Have clips showing they can report/interview expert sources and can condense jargon into consumer-friendly language
- Have a unique and entertaining voice around all things home—a sense of humor is valuable!
- For News Team: $250 for a 350- to 500-word story written off of a data report with a minimum of two expert sources. They go up from there for longer, more complex pieces.
- For Advice Team: $250 for at least 800 words and a minimum of two expert sources quoted
For more information, visit their website.
Please email all questions and submissions to:
News Team– clare.trapasso@
Advice team– firstname.lastname@example.org