We are looking for a Sport Social Video Journalist to join us working across two of Reach’s national brands – Mirror and Express Online, this is a fantastic opportunity to drive web traffic, maximize engagement and increase brand awareness.
- You will work in a team that takes ownership of our sport social video content across the national network while supporting the acceleration of our social video views across the national network, working closely with the rest of the social media team to identify trends and oversee and produce live social video content, as well as native video edits
- Ensuring consistency of posting across platforms and brand considerations while covering live events and breaking news across social platforms
- You will edit videos for each of our brands and know what works for each title and each platform along with identifying new opportunities across social video
- An experienced journalist with in-depth knowledge of media law, you’re an excellent communicator who is able to create videos with flair, passion and skill
- You are a fast but accurate writer with excellent web and social skills and you are able to sell stories in the best way to appeal to our audiences
- You are a confident writer who is able to write clear and concise captions to accompany videos with strong knowledge of IPSO and editorial conduct issues along with an understanding of how to optimize video to make it engaging on social media
- You’re used to working within a fast-paced digital newsroom environment and has a strong understanding of the power of social media
- You have a detailed knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and other social media platforms
- You have a thorough knowledge of US Sports, as well as a keen interest in football, boxing, UFC, F1 and golf
For further information click here.