Time for a change? Tired of corporate cutbacks? Want to focus on true local journalism in an environment where reporting about our communities is the top priority? Our locally owned media company has a unique opportunity for the right candidate.
Our Rappahannock News editor is moving to another job within our company. Now we’re seeking a hands-on editorial leader and dedicated community journalist to be the next editor of the weekly Rappahannock News in Washington, Va.
We’re looking for a guru with experience to write everything from local government meetings stories to features — and shape the publication’s editorial report. The editor is a primary face of the newspaper in an engaged, vibrant community.
- The editor will drive a digital-first operation with a website (com) whose audience is many times the county’s (in a place with a population of about 7,300).
- We break news online, publish a daily email newsletter, send text alerts and livestream local government meetings.
- Writing and reporting is a big part of the editor’s job, but he/she will have help from a full-time staff reporter, part-time photographer/videographer/digital producer and several freelance writers and various community contributors.
- And there’s the paper’s unique, nationally recognized partnershipwith Foothills Forum, a local nonpartisan journalism nonprofit. Foothills and newspaper collaborate to produce in-depth reporting, as well as daily coverage of key county issues.
- Our newsroom includes a corps member from the national Report for America
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and clips to publisher Dennis Brack at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information click here.