Managing Editor, Impact Hub will be a key editorial figure and point of contact for all RFE/RL’s language services. Reporting directly to the Editor in Chief, you will champion distinctive, innovative multiplatform coverage across the organization, with audience impact being the main measure of success.
You will work closely with teams across the News Division and beyond to ensure the highest production and editorial values are met and to encourage collaboration by bringing together key talent across the organization.
You will lead the cross-organization planning effort and ensure our very best journalism travels to audiences across borders and languages. You should have first class influence and persuasion skills as well as the ability to motivate and inspire excellence.
- To identify and spot great stories which will resonate with audiences across multiple platforms and in multiple languages.
- To ensure talent from across the organization is visible, contributions are recognized, and feedback is given.
- To represent stories articulately and with passion in meetings, bringing key insights from services, asking questions to support journalistic rigor and ensuring teams are looking for ways to engage their own audience.
- To have key understanding of digital output and delivery, the ability to interpret audience data and analytics – and an understanding of how to feed it into the editorial process.
- To spot key talent, build profiles and develop on air and production talent, enhancing the reputation of RFE/RL.
- To have creative approaches to how teams will gather value-added content in line with our digital-first priority and audience needs.
- To drive stories through and beyond publish/broadcast by looking for fresh news lines and ways to follow-up impactful stories beyond day one.
- To coordinate news gathering, planning, production and content rollout across the News Division.
- To attend and chair daily, weekly and monthly planning meetings and represent RFE/RL language services at a corporate level.
- To lead, manage and motivate reporters and freelancers to produce original, distinctive multi-platform content which can be shared across the organization.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Significant experience (5 years +) working in planning and coordination with multiple language services.
- 10+ years’ experience in international journalism
- Demonstrable experience in fostering collaboration and increasing impact by ensuring journalism reaches audiences across borders and language.
- Proven track record in managing, directing and motivating staff, including in challenging and high-pressured environments.
- Substantial experience of editorial innovation and proven editorial judgement.
- Deep understanding of content production and rollout to create maximum impact.
- Experience of leading the coverage of major news events
- Fluency in English and at least one other RFE/RL language is mandatory.
If you are interested in this position, send us your CV with a cover letter in English.
For more details click here.