Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty is looking to hire an experienced, Iran-focused journalist for its English-language Central Newsroom. Based in Prague and reporting to the Regional Desk Editor (Near East), the journalist is expected to produce and deliver a wide range of online content. He/she will write original stories about key events and issues in Iran and the wider region as well as adapt the best, most unique material from RFE/RL’s Language Services for an international English-speaking audience.
What you will accomplish:
- Pitch and produce unique stories in multiple formats, including full-length features, interviews, explainers, and analyses.
- Write news stories about international events and developments in RFE/RL’s broadcast region based on reporting by RFE/RL’s Languages Services and international agencies.
- Work closely with RFE/RL’s Languages Services, primarily Radio Farda and Radio Azadi, and monitor their coverage on different platforms, including radio, online, and social media.
- Version the best reporting by RFE/RL’s Languages Services into English-language text stories.
- Keep up with world news and developments in RFE/RL’s broadcast region.
What you bring:
- Minimum five years’ journalism experience.
- BA degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field, or the equivalent in experience.
- Regional expertise in RFE/RL’s broadcast region.
- Experience of working and writing under deadline.
- Ability to work various shifts, as assigned and on short notice.
- Ability to carry out independent reporting from the field involving foreign travel.
- Native level English speaker. Persian (Farsi/Dari) desirable.
If you are interested in this position, send us your CV with a cover letter in English including links with examples of your work.
For further details click here.