Puget Sound Business Journal seeks editor in chief
The Puget Sound Business Journal in Seattle is seeking an editor in chief to run its award-winning newsroom.
As the highest-ranking newsroom leader, the EIC is responsible for driving product strategy and quality across all platforms and for relentlessly building audience. The EIC must be equally at home in both the print and digital spheres. To be successful, the EIC must possess well-honed hard news instincts, have a burning curiosity about business and people, a deft editing hand and be equal parts leader, entrepreneur and marketer.
– Define a clear and compelling vision for the look, feel and voice of our portfolio of products, including the existing print newspaper, daily emails, website, and social media, as well as the integration of that content with and from the Business Journal’s robust event programs.
– Drive the staff to generate exclusive scoops with frequency, in-depth reports with superior sourcing and insight, and content on all platforms that helps PSBJ’s high-level audience elevate their businesses and their careers.
– Drive staff adaptation to new mediums, platforms, skill sets, story forms, and ways of doing things.
– Take a proactive, hands-on approach in developing and leading reporting staff.
– Share responsibility for growing print, digital and event audiences. Work with other department heads to create business and marketing plans. In collaboration with the Publisher, identify and address new business and audience opportunities to extend the brand.
– Seek content syndication channels and partnerships for Business Journal content.
– Meet or exceed goals relating to audience-engagement.
– Embrace community and business outreach as an ambassador of the Puget Sound Business Journal throughout the Puget Sound region.
Inspiring, yet diplomatic
Innovative, curious, collaborative
Passionate, knowledgeable about businesses topics and coverage
Ability to lead a high-performance newsroom driven by excellence
Good communicator who can build on a strong newsroom culture
Must be comfortable and thrive in rapidly changing and uncharted media environment