Puget Sound Biz Journal seeks an aerospace reporter
The Puget Sound Business Journal is looking for a top-notch reporter to cover Boeing and the aerospace industry in Seattle and the surrounding region.
We’re looking for someone with solid news chops to cover one of the industries that drives the economic growth and health of this region. Boeing is the big, national employer, of course, and we cover it closely. But the bread and butter of the beat is the sizable industry of vendors, manufacturers and other entrepreneurial ventures located here because of Boeing.
A Business Journal reporter is competitive, collaborative and curious. He or she is expected to file short daily stories, in-depth pieces and project-oriented journalism for our digital and print editions. Scoops matter. A lot.
Our reporters are expected to:
• Own every important story on their beats
• Use networking events, social media platforms and other community-building outlets to expand and fortify their source base and audience
• Work collaboratively with other newsroom staffers to maximize impact and accessibility of stories reported;
• Meet or exceed goals related to audience engagement.
Clean, accurate copy is a must, as is the ability to collaborate with other reporters, because growth coverage crosses many of our industries and beats.
• Ability to break news and to identify newsworthy events and sources
• Strong writing, analytical and investigative interviewing skills
• Ability to relate comfortably to a wide range of people, in person and online and to develop sources and an audience
• Proven experience building, maintaining and engaging an active audience
• Comfortable with constant change
• Knowledge of business, and/or the Washington business community, a plus
• Fast learner
• Ability to work independently under deadline pressure and prioritize tasks appropriately
* Experience using social media to source and promote content
5-7 years of journalism experience with a proven ability to break news and tell compelling stories.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, send a resume and cover letter that outlines why you’re right for this job to Editor Ryan Lambert, firstname.lastname@example.org