Protocol is a new media company focused on the people, power, and politics of the technology industry. Protocol will equip decision-makers and innovators in tech, legacy businesses and public policy with the reporting and insights they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We’re hiring copy editor/web producers in San Francisco and New York.
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, organized self-starter who has experience copy-editing and producing stories for the web and digital newsletters. You’ll have ace copy-editing skills, be tech-savvy, and know how to write headlines to maximize impact.
The ideal candidate will have experience in digital journalism and a passion for producing high-quality work. The ideal candidate will also be committed to creating a culture of high ambitions, big ideas, and truly excellent work – and also one that is caring, diverse, inclusive, and fun.
The copy editor/web producers will:
- Ensure stories are properly formatted, schedule their publication, and update the homepage of Protocol.com
- Copy edit articles and newsletters
- Write headlines, decks, and other display type as needed
- Collaborate with editors in San Francisco, New York, and London
Our ideal candidates have:
- A keen eye for detail
- Killer organizational skills
- Familiarity with HTML
- The ability to quickly master a new CMS
- A passion for smart journalism
To apply, send a resume and cover letter, with the type of job you’re seeking in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.