Protocol seeks a junior copy editor/web producer
Technology news site Protocol is hiring a junior copy editor/web producer.
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, organized self-starter who has experience copy editing and producing stories for the web and digital newsletters. You’ll have ace copy editing skills, be tech-savvy, and know how to write impactful headlines that catch people’s attention.
The ideal candidate will have experience in digital journalism — specifically in tech journalism — and a passion for producing high-quality work. The ideal candidate will also be committed to creating a culture of high ambitions, big ideas and truly excellent work — and also one that is collaborative, diverse, inclusive and fun.
The junior copy editor/web producer will:
- Copy edit articles, newsletters and marketing collateral
- Write catchy headlines, decks and other display type as needed
- Collaborate with editors and reporters in several time zones
- Ensure stories are properly formatted, produced and published
Our ideal candidate has:
- At least a year of professional copy editing experience
- A keen eye for detail
- Can apply AP style as well as specific house style rules
- Killer organizational skills
- Familiarity with HTML
- The ability to quickly master a new CMS
- A passion for smart journalism
- Familiarity with the tech industry
Must be located in New York, California or the D.C. area.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume, with Junior Copy Editor/Web Producer in the subject line, to email@example.com.