Poynter Institute seeks part-time editor
The Poynter Institute is seeking a part-time editor for up to 20 hours a week. The position would begin immediately.
The schedule is flexible but would include the editing and production of stories for Poynter.org, the International Fact-Checking Network, MediaWise, the suite of daily and weekly newsletters and other good work.
The gig also includes the planning and execution of some long-term projects and managing freelance reporters.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Excellent editing skills
- A devotion to deadlines and timeliness
- A good working knowledge of AP Style
- An understanding of the American media environment
- More than five years of professional editing, especially at a newspaper, magazine or online news outlet
- Be comfortable with technology, including WordPress, MailChimp, Slack, GSuite and social media platforms
- Enjoy remote work; we prize collegiality in an online environment
- A strong sense of curiosity and a love of journalism and the news media
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter or a portfolio and introductory letter to email@example.com.
Deadline to apply: April 9, 2021.