Politico seeks States and Canada, deputy editor
Politico is hiring an entrepreneurial editor to help manage state capital and Ottawa-based policy and political coverage.
- Work closely with the editorial director of Politico’s state and Canada coverage in Rosslyn and editors of each of the teams to plan, coordinate and edit coverage for subscribers
- Work with editors and reporters to conceive and execute enterprise projects
- Coordinate coverage among the bureaus and the Rosslyn-based teams
- Significant experience editing policy, legislative or political coverage at the state or national level
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced newsroom.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven experience as a manager
- Ability to work and coordinate with editors and reporters in different cities