Politico Pro’s Financial Services team is looking for a versatile, dynamic reporter adept at breaking news and seeing the bigger picture for broader trend stories. The beat is consumer finance – specifically covering the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and housing policy — but we want someone resourceful and experienced enough to be able to jump on any business or economic story.
What You’ll Need:
- Familiarity with housing and consumer finance issues as well as a proven track record of covering a wide range of business/finance/economic topics. On any given day, you may be called upon to cover anything from breaking news on the Trump Organization to a major federal court decision.
- Deep experience covering Capitol Hill with abundant sources in both parties.
- Ability to multitask and write fast under relentless deadline pressure. A background covering regulatory agencies would be a huge plus.
- Eagerness to work with your teammates to provide reporting, sources or expertise. Team spirit is a core value at Politico Pro.
- Willingness to quickly churn out both the short breaking news stories that our readers value perhaps the most as well as the bigger enterprise pieces that they need to make sense of the news.
Come help us build the story. We’re united by our shared passion and commitment to non-partisan journalism. We believe in each other’s ambitions and come together to create something meaningful.
We value our people. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
To apply, go here.