POLITICO is seeking an executive producer to lead its audio department, an ambitious and growing operation harnessing the resources of the world’s most robust newsroom covering politics and policy.
The executive producer will guide all elements of POLITICO’s audio offerings – ranging from short-form podcasts to longer-form narrative journalism and new audio experiments – to deliver must-listen content to POLITICO’s audience of political and policy influencers. The successful candidate will bring passion for politics and policy and a clear vision for how to create distinctive audio journalism that speaks with POLITICO’s unique voice and serves the needs of our well-informed audience.
We’re seeking an experienced manager with a strong editorial vision and news background, a track record of launching and growing shows to success, of building talented and diverse teams, of managing hosts and producers across skill levels, of working closely with newsrooms, and who can strategically envision products that push forward creatively and align with POLITICO’s strong brand and business model.
POLITICO Audio produces POLITICO’s flagship politics shows (Playbook Daily Briefing and the weekly Playbook Deep Dive) and daily policy briefings (POLITICO Energy, POLITICO Tech, and Pulse Check.) Reporting to the Executive Editor for Growth, this role is ideal for a leader who is eager to seize on an impending election year to supercharge POLITICO’s audio offerings and audience.
What You’ll Do:
- Working with senior leaders to develop and execute a POLITICO Audio strategy aimed at deepening our reach with our influential audience
- Oversight of the day-to-day workflow of multiple podcasts and a team of hosts and producers
- Training and coaching audio team and other POLITICO colleagues in various technical and on-air skills
- Collaborating with other POLITICO departments on newsroom-wide, multi-platform projects, live events, summits, etc. and on amplifying our Audio content across platforms.
- Hiring, sourcing, and developing top diverse talent.
What You’ll Need:
- Demonstrated track record of building or evolving audio products and growing downloads
- Experience managing, developing & nurturing talent in the audio field
- Editorial experience and strong news judgment, including experience with interviews, daily news, narrative structure, fact-checking, as well as strong writing skills to oversee scripts, headlines, and episodes summaries
- Ability to work with marketing, commercial strategy, advertising, and other teams both inside and outside a newsroom
- Experience managing relationships with third-party vendors, distributors and platforms
- Experience and comfort with Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software
- Experience with troubleshooting audio equipment, running audio interviews, and collecting field tape. Must also be able to train others
This role is based in the Washington, D.C./Virginia/Maryland, area.
For further details click here.