Philadelphia Business Journal seeks special products producer
The Philadelphia Business Journal is seeking a dynamic, creative Special Projects Producer.
The Special Projects Producer is a critical player in the planning and production of the weekly print product, and also contributes to the weekly and daily publishing cycles. Primarily, the SPP helps plan and execute focus sections, awards programs, special publications and the events associated with them.
In a multi-platform media operation, it’s critical to reformat, reuse, reshape and guide content for print, digital and social media outlets alike, and the SPP serves as a key player in this mandate.
The SPP coordinates all reporting, photography, charts and any other items required to produce top-notch special/focus sections and publications.
The SPP is also expected to report and write for special/focus sections and publications and complete any other reporting assignment under the direction of the Editor-in-Chief or Managing Editor.
The SPP will also serve, at the direction of the Editor-in-Chief, as the editorial department’s liaison with other departments in matters that pertain to awards publications, events, and other cross-departmental activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities, work schedules and/or location may change based on evolving business needs
· Conceive of and execute the production of special publications, themed issues and focus sections, in collaboration with the Editors.
· Gather, format and repurpose online content for print.
· Edit and proof copy for style, clarity, spelling, grammar, consistency, context and accuracy.
· Ensure the Business Journal adheres to local Business Journal and Associated Press style.
· Assist Editors and the events department in managing awards publication production, including outreach to judges and awardees. Help to drive attendance to events through social media.
· Check and sign off on print pages, in coordination with Editors.
· Assist with writing headlines, sub-heads, and cutlines, and other informational or graphics copy. As with all copy, the Business Journal’s goal is 100 percent accuracy.
· Perform variety of news, production and administrative duties.
· Regularly participate in and attend Business Journal sponsored events.
· Take on any other assignment made by manager(s).
· Work cooperatively and collaboratively with all colleagues and professionally with sources.
Qualified applicants should email resume and clips to Craig Ey, Editor-in-Chief, Philadelphia Business Journal, at email@example.com.