Philadelphia Biz Journal seeks an associate editor
The Philadelphia Business Journal is looking for an Associate Editor to join our editing team.
The Associate Editor is a critical player in planning and producing our special reports and honoree publications, and creating a content plan that aligns with our editorial and events calendar. The ideal candidate is adept at planning and executing special sections and publications for both print and digital audiences, assigning and editing news and trend stories and other content.
The Associate Editor also works with other departments to ensure the excellence and integrity of awards publications, events, and other cross-departmental activities.
The Associate Editor reports to the Editor in Chief.
• Strong writer and editor
• Able to get and stay organized
• Able to manage several projects at once
• Creative planner
• Stickler for detail
• Familiarity with AP Style
• Able and driven to collaborate
• Social media acumen required
• Ability to collaborate a must
• Conceive, assign, edit and produce special publications and special sections.
• Conceive, assign, edit and produce business executive profiles and other regular features.
• Work with the researcher to develop data-driven list packages.
• Curate, format and repurpose content for digital and print.
• Serve as liaison between the newsroom and the events department, and act as the newsroom voice in content planning for business journal events.
• Edit and proof stories and other content for clarity, context, accuracy, spelling, grammar and consistency.
• Oversee the publication’s main social media handles.
• As needed, write and edit news items throughout the day for the Business Journal’s digital platforms.
• Assist Editors in managing awards publications, including outreach to judges and awardees.
• Regularly participate in and attend Business Journal-sponsored events.
• Minimum of 3-4 years editing experience
• Experience managing editorial projects
• Business reporting experience a plus
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Beth Hunt, director of editorial recruiting and development, American City Business Journals, firstname.lastname@example.org.