Pensions & Investments seeks two reporters
Pensions & Investments, Crain Communications’ international newspaper of money management, is seeking two experienced reporters to join our team.
These journalists will report, write and produce editorial content for P&I print and digital publications and the publication’s website, pionline.com. Such content includes, but is not limited to, breaking news articles, news analysis, news features and enterprise reporting, along with video and social media.
We offer a creative and exciting workplace that values innovation and prioritizes in-depth, analytical reporting and narrative writing. The position will give the successful candidates an opportunity to break stories in the hotly competitive institutional investing space and serve our core audience of industry professionals.
Qualified applicants must be able to tell stories that dig deep into trends affecting institutional investing in the U.S. Depending on the candidate, positions could be based in either Chicago or New York.
- B.A. in journalism or related field required.
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a business reporter.
- Ability to understand and use corporate financial documents such as 10Ks or proxy statements.
- Proven ability to develop sources and work a beat.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to write accurately and clearly on tight deadlines while also engaging readers with compelling copy.
- Ability to not only cover the news and generate enterprise features, but also to report and write insightful analysis.
- Online / digital portfolio is essential.
- Knowledge of institutional investing, including the 401(k) and defined benefit space.
- Basic Excel ability.
- Skilled in social media, with track record of using social tools to enhance readership.
- Scoop-obsessed, with a collaborative mind-set.
To apply, go here.