The P&I Data Editor role is key to supporting and developing P&I’s reputation as a paper of record for an important industry.
You’ll have access to the top executives and the most cutting-edge research from the world’s largest money managers and institutional investors, along with the most important public policy makers. You’ll know you have contributed to the education of participants and the examination of the biggest most significant firms managing other people’s money.
The data editor works with the P&I editorial staff on research, analysis and trendspotting to be leveraged as stories and art to accompany stories, along with data visualization packages for publications and events.
The data editor also provides original content — typically charts and graphics — to be used both for PIonline.com and Pensions & Investments’ print edition.
Because of the data editor’s depth and breadth of work with data (especially through, but not limited to, the Bloomberg terminal), he/she also comes up with story ideas, or data that the editor then turns into a story assignment for a reporter. The data editor thus serves as a resource to the entire editorial staff – the art director, online editor, reporters and all of the editors.
Skills/Experience to Bring to the Table:
The data editor is a driven self-starter with data analysis and journalism skills who wants to learn more about the business of money management and institutional investing. Telling stories (written and graphical) with and spotting trends in data is a strength for you.
- Experience with data journalism, researching and compiling data
- An understanding of the institutional investment market/community and the kinds of data important to investors and asset managers
- An ability to see stories and trends in that data for our publication is desirable
- College degree needed and MBA, CFA, CAIA or other investment oriented certification is preferred
- Using a Bloomberg terminal and finding specific data in financial markets filings
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Deadline oriented, collaborative and organized
- Comfortable with public speaking (desired)
To apply, go here.