Pensions & Investments seeks an editor
Pensions & Investments, the international news organization covering institutional money management, seeks a dynamic leader and experienced editor to guide its content team. This New York-based editor will operate at a high level, executing the strategic direction set in partnership with the President and Publisher. Strong leadership skills and a drive to innovate and develop a digital content strategy are critical.
The Editor should have experience with driving all forms of editorial expression, from news content, events and podcasts to video, print, digital and social. This candidate should have an understanding of engagement metrics and a proven track record of using those metrics to drive editorial content strategy and audience growth. The Editor is also the face of Pensions & Investments, hosting P&I global events, webinars, and recognition programs and will build and establish relationships with key global investment and policy leaders.
The Editor reports to the President and Publisher and oversees a news and content organization comprised of more than 20 editors and reporters. This person is also a member of the brand’s senior leadership team and will closely collaborate with audience marketing, digital product management, sales, and internal corporate management to ensure our products and offerings reach maximum potential by engaging a hard-to-reach audience of professional investors.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience with digital content packaging and development as well as managing a busy newsroom. This person will possess keen editorial judgment and a deep knowledge of professional investing.
- Drive an audience-first strategy throughout the newsroom.
- Oversee the day-to-day development, production and distribution of digital content.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of large-scale multi-media editorial projects.
- Assist in programing and moderating conferences, both in-person and virtual.
- Establish and maintain a strong culture and high morale among members of the newsroom.
- Oversee the reporting, editing and design teams on the production of a biweekly print edition.
- Develop workflows that enable reporters, producers and editors to work efficiently and effectively to report stories on the optimal platform at the optimal time.
- Coach and train the newsroom on digital best practices, including metrics and analytics, audience research and social media.
- Develop editorial team members’ skills and knowledge to help them build their careers and regularly provide feedback.
- Ensure the editorial and business strategy is understood by the team and communicate information and decisions made at a corporate level to ensure employees understand those decisions and how their role plays into the company’s overall success.
- Outstanding news judgment and demonstrated experience leading creative daily news coverage that builds and serves a loyal, engaged audience of institutional investors.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of front-line editors to embrace the vision set for the newsroom.
- Deep knowledge of retirement and institutional investing.
- Excellent editing ability and demonstrated skill in working under deadline pressure.
- Demonstrated experience as a newsroom manager in hiring, growing and inspiring journalists.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and act quickly on new digital audience growth opportunities.
- Solid understanding of content management systems and web-based products and standards.
- Experience building large, loyal audiences through SEO, UX, audience analytics and social media.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and written, with the ability to effectively collaborate across the organization.
To apply, go here.