Pensions & Investments seeks a reporter in DC
Pensions & Investments, Crain Communications’ international newspaper of money management, is seeking a reporter to join our team. This journalist will report and produce editorial content on federal legislative and regulatory issues facing some of the largest money managers and investors in the world for P&I print and digital publications. Such content includes, but is not limited to, breaking news articles, news analysis, news features and enterprise reporting, along with some video and social media posts.
We offer a creative and exciting workplace that values innovation and prioritizes in-depth, analytical reporting and narrative writing. The position will give the successful candidates an opportunity to break stories in the hotly competitive institutional investing space and serve our core audience of industry professionals.
This job will also include coverage of the investors (corporate and public pension funds, endowments, foundations and more) in a specific geographic region of the U.S.
Qualified applicants must be able to tell stories that dig deep into trends affecting institutional investing in the U.S. The position is based in Washington, DC.
- B.A. in journalism or related field required.
- Some experience in business, investing or corporate finance reporting.
- Ability to understand and use corporate financial documents, as well as federal legislative, regulatory and legal documents including (but not limited to) 10-Ks or proxy statements, bill language, enforcement orders and lawsuit in your journalism.
- Proven ability to develop sources and work a beat.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; possess strong time management skills, enabling efficient work on concurrent stories or projects.
- Ability to write accurately and clearly on tight deadlines while also engaging readers with compelling copy.
- Ability to not only cover the news and generate enterprise features, but also to report and write insightful analysis.
- Knowledge of institutional investing and specifically how to cover the intersection of U.S. federal legislation, regulation, policy making and politics with investment issues, tax policy, pension funds, endowments, financial markets and more.
- Basic MS Excel ability.
- Skilled in social media, with track record of using social tools to enhance readership.
- Scoop-obsessed, with a collaborative mindset.
This position is exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
To apply, go here.