Pensions & Investments seeks a news editor
Pensions & Investments is looking for a news editor to work across online and print content, including daily news, features, special reports and newsletters.
The news editor has day-to-day responsibility to set the news agenda for P&I Daily and pionline.com. Will also assign and edit stories for the print publication and serve as a member of the leadership team.
This includes the following:
- Keeps abreast of breaking news by monitoring news wires and scanning competitors. Assigns and edits news stories. Building upon breaking news, the news editor will suggest broader stories for the newspaper and the website.
- Works to find the P&I angle in breaking news. Works to instill sense of urgency among reporters.
- Ensures that pionline.com is supplied with fresh content. Using editorial judgment partially informed by data analytics, ensures that top stories or packages are displayed and ranked appropriately.
- Writes headlines for daily news stories incorporating SEO.
- As part of the editing team, the news editor works with colleagues to decide upon placement of print stories.
- Works with production team in writing headlines, captions, trimming stories to fit; ensuring story jumps are accurate.
- Helps edit and check survey profiles for two large special reports.
- Five years of editing experience and overseeing reporters.
- Knowledge of investing and/or retirement issues.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting deadlines and managing multiple, overlapping projects.
- Strong knowledge of AP Style.
- Ability to read and understand public company filings and industry reports.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively within a newsroom.
- The news editor may have to travel occasionally.
This position is exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
To apply, go here.