The Peninsula Pulse, Door County’s largest-circulation newspaper, is growing. We’re investing in our newsroom. We’re looking for an enterprising, early-career reporter who can help us provide deep coverage of our communities.
We are an independently-owned newspaper with an office on the shore of Lake Michigan. In addition to our weekly newspaper, we have a filmworks division, podcast and magazine. We work on a peninsula among communities that are thriving with business and industry, and alive with arts, theaters, breweries, wineries, music, diverse restaurants and year-round, outdoor recreation.
If you’re looking for the right place to be mentored, to explore your interests, and to grow your talents and skills on multiple platforms and through various delivery methods (print, digital, audio, video, social media), this could be the place for you.
If you’d like to come work for us, you will have:
- Some writing and reporting experience at a college or professional newspaper or magazine
- A passion for storytelling and writing
- An understanding of community journalism and a belief in its value
- An ability to juggle short-and long-term deadlines
- Knowledge in AP style
- A good attitude and desire to learn
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Google Docs
- Social media and digital experience
- Podcast experience a plus
We’re helping to uphold democracy while having fun and making a positive difference in one of the most beautiful places in Wisconsin, if not the United States. Come join us.
Send a resumé and three writing samples with a cover letter to email@example.com.
For further details click here.