The News Assistant program is designed to give recent college graduates practical experience in a broadcast news setting. During their tenure, News Assistants are exposed to all aspects of producing a nightly television news program. Over the course of the program, each News Assistant may have the opportunity to rotate through any, or all of the following areas:
- Field Shoots
- Researching stories and potential interview subjects.
- Assisting producers on field shoots.
- Completing general duties associated with the newsdesk.
- Logging video feeds.
- Contributing to digital content and online post-production.
- Operate computer graphics system, such as Chyron.
- Perform related special projects or other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent writing and research skills.
- Demonstrated interest in journalism and/or television production.
- Professional phone manner and solid administrative skills.
- Strong work ethic and effective time management.
- Knowledge of PBS NewsHour‘s journalistic style.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior experience in a broadcast news setting preferred.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
For further details click here.