Covering community news isn’t just a job for you, it’s a calling. From city council to main street businesses, you believe telling people what they need to know about what’s happening locally is the most important job in journalism. You work hard, move fast, follow effective routines — and you’ve got a great sense of humor. If this describes you, we need you at Patch! We are currently looking for a full-time local editor in Connecticut. We are looking for an editor to cover the communities of Milford, Orange, Guilford, Madison and Middletown. This is a remote position working with a team of other remote journalists.
Patch editors are:
- strong reporters and writers
- curious about their communities and eager to tell the stories that matter
- independent – they know what stories to report without someone telling them what they should cover
- adept practitioners of social media and SEO
- enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, innovative, and willing to learn
Salary: $45,000 to $55,000
For more details click here.