Pacific Business News seeks an associate editor
Pacific Business News is looking for an Associate Editor to round out our editing team. This is the perfect job for a reporter with a couple of years of experience who is looking to move into the editing ranks. The Associate Editor is a critical player in planning and producing the weekly print product, and contributes to the weekly and daily publishing cycles in multiple ways: helping plan and execute special sections, copy editing, helping recruit and coordinate with freelancers, and serving as a backup for Editor in Chief. He or she also works to effectively recraft PBN content for every platform and ensures the best reporting efforts of the newsroom are put to their fullest use.
• Conceive, assign, edit and produce special publications and special sections.
• Conceive, assign, edit and produce other regular features in print and online.
• Source and coordinate with freelancers to produce business journal stories and other content.
• Curate, format and repurpose print content for digital products, and vice versa.
• Edit and proof stories and other content for clarity, context, accuracy, spelling, grammar and consistency.
• As needed, edit news items throughout the day for the Business Journal’s digital platforms.
• Assist Editors in managing awards publications, including outreach to judges and awardees.
• Regularly participate in and attend Business Journal-sponsored events.
• Solid editor
• Able to get and stay organized
• Able to effectively manage several projects at once
• Creative planner
• Stickler for detail
• Familiarity with AP Style
• Able and driven to collaborate
• Ability to collaborate a must
• Minimum of 1-2 years reporting and/or editing experience in print or online
• Experience managing editorial projects.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Beth Hunt, director of editorial recruiting and development, American City Business Journals, firstname.lastname@example.org