Ozy seeks a business reporter
- Pitch and write compelling business/finance/culture features each week.
- Cover the leaders and trends of tomorrow.
- Conceive of and own projects, from investigative reports to editorial series.
- Work as part of a close-knit team — the OZY tribe — to help reinvent online journalism and build a unique brand.
- Collaborate on podcasts and represent OZY on TV and radio.
- At least 5-7 years of reporting experience.
- Strong organizational and social skills.
- Excel at cultivating a great network of contacts in the business world.
- Excitement and hunger to thrive in a startup environment.
As one of the fastest-growing new media companies, OZY is a bold and colorful multi-platform/culture publication, crafted to inspire and engage the intellectually curious. Our mission is to uncover stories about people, places, trends, technology and ideas that are not yet being talked about elsewhere. OZY strives to be smart, provocative, global, ahead of the curve and utterly delicious. We not only catch you up on yesterday’s news but also vault you ahead so you’re the first to know about tomorrow’s brightest stars, trends and ideas. Three years in, and we reach more than 25 million people a month — across web, events and television.
For consideration, please email a brief cover note, CV/résumé and clips, with the reference “Business Reporter” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2017.