The Orange County Register is on the hunt for an experienced restaurant critic to join our team! With over 8,000 restaurants covering virtually every type of cuisine, Orange County is a food lover’s paradise. As our restaurant critic, you’ll have the opportunity to showcase your expertise in food and dining by sharing your insights, recommendations, and critiques with our readers.
What you will do:
- We are looking for someone with the background to critique the full spectrum of culinary offerings in Orange County, from Michelin-starred fine dining establishments to neighborhood taquerias and burger joints
- Ability to take photos is a plus
- Regularly produce 2 to 3 reviews per week, plus periodic roundups (lists such as best pizzerias or steakhouses), trend pieces and end-of-year assessments (such as best new restaurants and chefs)
- Besides reviewing individual restaurants, the critic will do periodic roundups of the best places to get particular fare, such as the top pizzerias or barbecue outlets
- The position will involve producing an annual guide to the best restaurants in Orange County
What you will bring:
- Demonstrated track record of restaurant criticism
- Must reside in Southern California
- Please provide links to at least 10 restaurant reviews reflecting a variety of types of restaurants and different approaches to restaurant criticism, such as longer narrative reviews and round-ups featuring capsule reviews of similar eateries
The hourly wage is $28.85-$36.65 and also includes an expense budget to cover the cost of dining.
For more information click here.