Omaha World-Herald seeks a business editor
The Omaha World-Herald is hiring an experienced editor to lead our business coverage in the digital age.
The editor will:
- Supervise a small group of reporters in deepening our expertise in development issues, local corporations, workplace matters and the rural economy.
- Determine business content for daily, Sunday and digital platforms.
- Each week write at least one enterprise story and at least two shorter, digitally oriented posts per week.
- Own social media for all business content and lead our understanding and development of dedicated audiences.
- Network in the community with business groups from the chamber to small businesses to build sources, develop ideas and stay abreast of trends.
Requirements: At least two years reporting experience and two years editing experience. Demonstrated success in growing digital audience and managing social media.
Apply to Executive Editor Randy Essex, firstname.lastname@example.org