Ohio Magazine is seeking a multimedia journalist with a knack for digital storytelling.
We’re searching for a professional with a passion for the state of Ohio, a curiosity to learn new things and the drive to deliver results in an ever-changing modern media landscape.
The ideal candidate is an organized person who is adept at building content calendars, scheduling social media posts, managing listings and creating content (from social media posts to short-form videos to written articles). We’re looking for a person who is proactive in bringing new ideas to the table, eager to explore our state and adept at working within a small and cohesive team where everyone’s role is vital to our success.
- Managing Ohio Magazine’s web presence, digital content calendars and archive.
- Managing the magazine’s social media pages.
- Writing, editing, fact checking and assigning stories.
- Collaborating with the art director regarding visual content.
- A degree in journalism, communications, English, digital media or a related field is preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- A deep understanding of digital media and social media.
- The ability to take photos and videos with a smartphone.
- Must excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to handle several projects simultaneously.
- Solid grounding in journalism ethics and values.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Strong copy-editing skills is a plus.
- Experience managing email newsletters is a plus.
- 3 clips that show skill at writing
- 3 examples of social media content
Send cover letter with your salary range requirements along with resume and work samples to: email@example.com using “Ohio Magazine Associate Editor” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted.
For more details click here.