Please note that this position is on a volunteer basis and there will be no remuneration.
The NYC Daily Post is an online news site dedicated to publishing emerging global and U.S. stories. We seek to provide an objective view of world news, including political issues, cultural information and human-centered stories. We offer a citizen-driven perspective and host a space where individuals from various backgrounds can join the conversation and weigh in on issues.
We are dedicated to helping our readers understand the world around them by empowering their perspective.
We’re looking for individuals with:
- Knowledge and experience using AP Style guidelines
- A preferred background in Journalism/Political Science/International Affairs, or other areas or expertise related to public affairs.
- Enthusiasm for current events and public policy
- An eagerness to join a talented team of individuals from multicultural backgrounds.
- A desire to develop their editing and writing skills.
- English proficiency
About the Position
Requirements and Preferences:
- Write at least one article (500 words minimum) per month using AP Style.
- Research and factually source each article with hyperlink citations (if it applies).
*We also encourage opinion-based pieces.
With the NYC Daily Post, you can network with other writers and editors, while developing your journalism portfolio.
For further details click here.