The New York Times is hiring a senior staff editor to work on the company’s flagship business and policy newsletter, Dealbook, which has a growing audience of influential decision makers around the world.
- Editing and writing, including original reporting and value-added curation
- Producing the newsletter in conjunction with colleagues in the U.S. and Europe
- Building the newsletter’s audience and deepening reader engagement
- Cultivating a community on social media and establishing a voice for the franchise
- Liaising with product and design teams on new features for the newsletter, site and other platforms
Candidates should be incisive and creative writers on finance, business and policy, with the ability to convey voice and personality in a conversational medium, while still applying the Times’s rigorous editorial guidelines.
At least five years of experience in financial journalism is also required.