NY Post seeks a GA business reporter
The New York Post seeks an energetic and ambitious general assignment reporter for its business section. The ideal candidate is a talented wordsmith, as well as an insatiable, creative newshound who can elevate stories onto the New York Post’s home page and the cover of its print edition. While the focus will be on real-time breaking news, there will also be opportunities for enterprise and investigative pieces.
- Cover breaking news on a real-time basis, generating multiple stories per day
- Pursue exclusive scoops in tech, media, financial and consumer sectors
- Develop longer enterprise and investigative pieces
The ideal candidate will have:
- A demonstrated ability to write quick, clean copy for the web and for the paper’s print editions that is accurate and concise as well as fun and engaging to read.
- A talent for finding fresh angles on the news of the day, consistently pitching fresh, creative and overlooked stories.
- A demonstrated ability to dig deeper into important headlines, with a thirst for obtaining documents and calling sources who are directly involved.
- Experience in business journalism, including and especially in tech, media, consumer and finance, is desirable but not essential.
- At least three to five years of experience working in a real-time news operation or daily newspaper is desirable.
- A flair for social media is a plus.
To apply, go here.