We’re looking for a creative and versatile Assistant Producer with a passion for political news to help produce the podcast through the 2024 election cycle.
This is a full-time short-term position beginning late 2023 and extending through December 2024. It is based in Washington, DC, will require some travel and weekend work and a willingness to be flexible with your schedule.
- Assist the producer in all elements of podcast production;
- Write or create first drafts of host/reporter questions for interviews or scripts;
- Conduct research and fact-check the podcast;
- Gather tape, assist with studio booking, production and mixing;
- Stays current with major political stories and suggests story ideas;
- Writes headlines and other copy for digital media use with minimal re-writing by editors.
The above duties and responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be assigned, and this job description can be modified at any time.
- 2-4 years of radio production experience on broadcast digital audio workstations (i.e. MTE/DAVID, Dalet, ProTools or similar);
- At least one year of experience working with daily deadlines;
- Knowledge of and interest in political news;
- Experience with journalism-related research and demonstrated ability to collect, organize and disseminate information;
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under stringent timeframes and changing priorities/conditions;
- Ability to work independently but also work well as part of a team;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system;
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience)
- On-site: This is an on-site role based in Washington, DC .
- This is a temporary (12-month) full time position.
Salary Range: The U.S. based anticipated salary range for this opportunity is $75,000 plus benefits.
For further details click here.