Northern Nevada Biz Weekly seeks a reporter
The Northern Nevada Business Weekly seeks a reporter with a diverse portfolio of skills for a full-time position in Reno, Nevada. The ideal candidate will spend most of their time covering the growing business environment in the Biggest Little City. The candidate must possess a nose for news, a knack for analyzing data and a keen understanding of Northern Nevada’s ever-evolving economic landscape and how it affects businesses and the professionals who operate them. This position is more than just features on new companies — it requires developing innovative story ideas to reach multiple audiences, from small business to C-suite.
Send a cover letter, resume, three references, 5 clips and 3 photo examples in an email with “NNBW reporter” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Generate/produce several stories per week, including taking photos and video.
• Demonstrate effective use of social media (with a focus on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook) to source stories and drive traffic to our website and print product.
• Ensure accuracy, fairness and correct spelling in all reporting and editing duties.
• Follow direction and vision of the editor.
• Make assigned deadlines without exception.
• Be ethical within the guidelines set by the editor.
• Be a team player and help where needed.