Newsweek seeks fact-checking reporters – remote
Newsweek is looking for aggressive and professional full-time reporters to join its fact-checking team.
The successful candidates will be eager to bring unique ideas to the table and execute these ideas in a way that will make Newsweek stand out from the crowd.
Reporters should be proficient in understanding all areas of news; whether its breaking or trending, and be especially well-versed in political news.
Reporters must know how to cultivate sources and stay on top of the hot topics and what people are talking about now in a range of areas.
Reporters will be able to work quickly but above all, accurately.
- At least two years of professional reporting experience
- Have or be able to cultivate reliable sources
- Well versed in social media platforms with the ability to demonstrate an understanding of the social media and podcast world
- Proven digital storytelling and technical skills, passion for journalism, professional judgment and drive to succeed
- Be a self-starter and a team player, eager to contribute new ideas and work well with others
- Able to multitask and thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven, ever changing environment
- Fully versed in Microsoft and Google Office suites
To apply: Send resume, cover letters and links to your three best stories to firstname.lastname@example.org.