Newsday seeks AME for business coverage
Newsday, an award-winning news organization serving Long Island through its portfolio of print and digital products, is looking for an Assistant Managing Editor to lead reporters and editors in producing authoritative local coverage.
The AME is responsible for overseeing all development and execution of business coverage for Newsday. The position requires extensive knowledge, initiative, creativity, strong editing and judgment and the ability to mentor and provide guidance and set goals for a staff of reporters and editors. The successful candidate must be able to collaborate with colleagues across print, digital and video platforms as well as be the public face of Newsday in the Long Island business community. In addition, he/she must be capable of assessing reader/subscriber trends and acting on them.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in newsgathering/newsroom environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience supervising editorial teams generating content for print multimedia.
- Strong news judgment and a good sense of the trending topics that will resonate with our audience and enhance Newsday’s brand of trusted, local news and information.
- Superior leadership skills with experience leading editorial teams.
- Ability to focus on details of any given news story – reworking copy or writing headlines, but also be able to zoom out to plot broader strategy.
- Excellent writing, editing and organizational skills.
- Please submit a cover letter with your resume.
To apply, go here.