Summary of Position:
Produce high quality video and digital content leveraging state-of-the-art studio facility, award-winning video department and Newsday staff journalists.
Essential Duties & Function:
- Participate in story selection process,
- Help oversee daily deployment of video resources,
- Manage full range of studio and remote productions, including daily newscasts, interviews, live events, documentaries, multi-part series, special interest and other news-related programming.
- Produce and write original content for tv and digital platforms
- Coordinate effectively with other editorial and interactive operations.
Essential Job Knowledge:
- A bachelor’s degree required. A Degree in Journalism, Communications, or equivalent work experience is preferred, but not required.
- Year experience as line and/or field producer in commercial TV news production facility.
- Writing ability – strong writing, editing and storytelling skills.
- Solid news sense and knowledge of TV journalism,
- Familiarity with major newsroom systems.
- Good leadership skills.
- Ability to work creatively and smoothly across departments in large news organization
- Ability to coach and critique effectively
- Well informed on major issues
- The annual salary range for this position is $80,000 – $85,000, commensurate with experience.
For further information click here.