New York Gal is looking for an editor in chief
We are looking for an Editor In Chief that will oversee the direction of our women’s lifestyle-focused publication and grow our audience. You must have worked previously for a top women’s publication e.g Bustle, R29, Romper, etc., and understand how to grow an audience through the content ideation that you will be pitching to the writers.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
New York Gal is a leading lifestyle destination for women.
We want to use our platform to empower women to live their best lives.
Our editorial content is thoughtfully curated to inspire our diverse female reader base through influential and relatable articles that focus on fashion, beauty, career, wellness, culture, and more.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You should also have a network of solid writers if you need to use them to produce the kind of content you want.
- Edit and publish weekly stories
- Brainstorm and come up with topics 100% evergreen
- Steer the direction of the social media channels and what should be published.
- Have a good understanding of SEO
- Have knowledge of Pillar/Cluster content strategy
- Understands the conversations and trends out there and how to tap into them to grow an audience
- Work with the existing writers or bring your own writers that you feel can do the job better.
- Associate (Preferred)
- Writers & Editors: 1 year (Preferred)
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- Write a short introduction about yourself
- Include a paragraph highlighting your writing experience, relevant credentials and publication credits
- Attach links to your strongest work or portfolio, and online profile.
- $150.00 – $250.00 per week- part-time
For more information, visit their website.