The New Statesman Media Group is looking for a sub-editor to join its editorial team to help produce essential content for both print and web.
The sub-editors work with editors, reporters, designers, sales executives and clients to ensure the highest standards of accuracy, legal compliance and quality across all content. They also oversee the entire copy workflow from writer submission to final checks on ready-to-publish pages.
The ideal candidate should have:
- An excellent understanding of the English language and impeccable proofreading skills
- Experience of taking content from raw copy to press, sub-editing to maintain house style, and creating appropriate headlines and standfirsts
- The skills to make page changes in InDesign, while working closely with the design team on things such as page layout and imagery
- Knowledge of editing copy for web, such as SEO, CMS and key analytics
- The ability to work on multiple projects to very tight deadlines
- Previous experience with Abode suite and Microsoft Office (including SharePoint and Teams)
- Be open to feedback from editors and clients, and facilitate changes where necessary
Please apply with a CV and covering letter articulating why you believe you may be suitable for the position.