New North Carolina biz journal seeks an editor
The Greater Fayetteville Business Journal (GFBJ) seeks an experienced and visionary executive editor to help launch and guide its print and digital publications.
GFBJ will be the only business-focused publication in North Carolina’s 4th largest metropolitan market and intends to become a premier publication serving the Fayetteville, North Carolina and surrounding Sandhills area. Our print and digital offerings will launch in this spring to provide actionable information on topics and issues that engage the region’s executives, entrepreneurs and professionals.
An ideal candidate should bring a solid background in writing, editing and planning, as well as proven experience coaching, managing and engaging in-house and freelance journalists as well as photographers. An ability to put photography, illustrations and multimedia presentations to interesting use, collaborating with graphic and digital designers in conceptualizing content presentation is necessary. A collaborative spirit and a passion for high standards are a must.
• Conceptualizing, planning and producing the print Business Journal with engaging content delivered in a variety of forms, including infographics, tip sheets and narrative, as well as occasional special publications. Generating ideas and leads for news, enterprise and investigative stories-and managing their execution-is a must.
• Managing GFBJ’s digital presence, with a focus on developing and executing innovative content
• Managing a full-time staff as well as contract/freelance writers and photographers
• Serving as a key member of the management team with a strong voice in strategic initiatives
• Storytelling experience in multiple formats
• An ability to generate ideas and leads for news, enterprise and investigative stories
• Solid editing skills and focused attention to detail in a fast-paced environment with the ability to consistently meet deadlines
• An ability to engage and inspire writers and photographers to produce engaging and creative content
• Forward-thinking with a working knowledge of current industry trends
• Networking savvy and business acumen
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive and data visualization products, as well as an ability to embrace new technologies, is preferred
• 3 to 5 years in editorial management
• Degree in journalism or comprehensive experience in publishing, including digital
This is a full-time, permanent position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should email a detailed resume, journalistic work samples and a cover letter expanding on interest in and qualifications for the position to Publisher Marty Cayton, Enhanced Media Management, Inc. Martyc@FayettevilleBiz.Biz or to 4424 Bragg Blvd Ste. 101 Fayetteville, NC 28303.