NerdWallet seeks a digital media strategist in San Francisco
NerdWallet is looking for a highly creative media mind to transform content and distribution strategies into holistic cross-platform experiences for our users.
The Digital Media Strategist will collaborate with best-in-class creative and editorial teams identifying key opportunities to distribute our content while further supporting those efforts by translating the article itself into snackable, compelling copy. Thinking big picture, you will map out deployment strategy across all acquisition channels and dream up amazing audience building opportunities for NerdWallet’s original content created by a team of 100 in-house journalists.
You will grow NerdWallet’s audience and diversify its traffic with a scrappy, test-and-learn approach and intelligent analysis. This role will require an in-depth working knowledge of the editorial environment, robust writing skills and a strong familiarity with the concept of audience building enabling you to spot and turn media trends into strategic outputs.
Where you can make an impact:
- Repurpose existing editorial content for creative assets, turning them into great reader experiences that are able to be deployed across various platforms at a consistent cadence
- Collaborate with both creative and editorial stakeholders to identify where opportunities for digital media exist
- Experiment with new content formats and platforms
- Use your tried-and-true approach to building media strategy to define and develop a distribution ecosystem for creative that indexes highly on audience building
- Build and establish the media strategy brief; identifying key objectives, decision points, risk factors, indicators of success and roadmap to completion
- With a sky’s-the-limit approach, work with the creative team to brainstorm new and innovative ideas that will add value for our customer base and further add clarity to all of life’s financial decisions.
- Apply your expertise to help translate key goals for NerdWallet’s content into specific social media and distribution campaigns
- Generate actionable recommendations through an iterative, test-and-learn approach
- Practice and support strategic thinking and data-driven decision-making to extract maximum value from NerdWallet’s investment in a world-class Content team
- Well-versed in social media strategy
- Passionate about data as a tool for informing or justifying business initiatives
- Ready to collaborate with cross-functional partners and stakeholders across editorial, marketing and PR
- Organized and motivated, capable of juggling many projects with minimal oversight
- At least 5 years of cross-platform editorial work with extensive familiarity developing and deploying creative strategy across various channels
- Experience building a brand across social media channels including
- Journalism and/or content marketing experience a plus
To apply, go here.