NBC4 and Telemundo 52 have an opening for a senior digital content producer to help lead the stations’ English-language online news coverage and content distribution across multiple platforms.
We are looking for a seasoned journalist with proven experience leading an editorial team, organizing and executing breaking news coverage and running audience development strategy.
Fully bilingual (Spanish and English) is preferred. A deep understanding of local news and culture in the Los Angeles DMA is a plus.
- Report and write original stories daily for our stations’ digital platforms, primarily NBCLA.com.
- Help lead a rapid-response team workflow during breaking news coverage by organizing, delegating and executing the plan.
- Select, assign and edit high-value stories, ensuring the voice, tone and mix of content fits with the overall editorial strategy.
- Curate content across all our digital properties and perform regular quality assurance checkups.
- Use data analytics to help guide content strategy in real-time and in planning stages.
- Collaborate with TV reporters and producers; repurpose and enrich broadcast video and scripts for digital formats.
- Use SEO and social media strategies to engage our audience and reach new users.
- Help plan digital coverage of news events and station tentpoles.
- Handle special projects and drive storytelling innovation.
- Work across departments, including marketing and community, to execute station initiatives.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Excellent English language skills, including speaking, reading, writing and copyediting.
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism, communications or political science.
- Minimum of 8 years of direct experience.
- Experience as an editor, senior writer or senior producer at a mid- to large-sized news organization that creates content under tight deadlines.
- Strong news judgment and the ability to identify and prioritize high-value stories of the day.
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task with unwavering attention to detail.
- Must be willing and flexible to adapt to changing work schedules; must be willing to work overtime and on weekends with short notice.
- Advanced understanding of SEO and social media strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels.
- Must be willing and flexible to adapt to changes in responsibility as dictated by newsroom needs.
- Experience working with TV newsroom software, newscast rundowns and scripts is a plus.
- Experience or familiarity working with live streams and technical troubleshooting.
- Basic understanding and demonstration of solid editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including a current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Experience in Los Angeles market and familiarity with Southern California audience and communities.
- Understanding journalistic practices and guidelines.
- Basic understanding of Adobe Premiere and video production skills.
Salary: $95,000 – $115,000 DOE
For further information click here.