NBC News Digital seeks an exceptional tech reporter to join its team in New York City.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious, experienced journalist who can comfortably and efficiently juggle multiple editorial tasks in a breaking-news environment and also expertly handle deeply reported enterprise pieces, features and investigative stories on the intersection of tech, business, media, politics and culture.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is hungry to break news about tech giants, media companies, privacy, security, AI, the dark web or internet culture. This ideal candidate is highly motivated, curious and deeply interested in the many seen and unseen ways tech is changing nearly every facet of our lives. This position is based in New York or California.
- Research, write and report multiple stories per week
- Break stories and write and report with accuracy and skill under deadline pressure
- Conceptualize, develop and pursue original, standout exceptional enterprise journalism
- Ensure all reporting is factual and accurate
- Produce, art and help socialize reporting, when needed
• Undergraduate degree
• Candidate should have 3-5 years experience covering and writing about tech.
• Strong understanding of business, tech and internet culture
• Strong contacts and sources within the tech community
• Proven track record breaking stories in the area of tech and producing standout journalism
• Strong narrative storytelling and ability to tell stories in different formats
• Working knowledge of digital media technology, particularly content-management tools
• Active user of social media
• Highly motivated, can work well independently or in team environment
• On-Air experience providing analysis or commentary on tech news and reporting
To apply, go here.